Thursday, November 13, 2008

Momma's

So my Mom made a comment a few days, or a week or so, ago and it's kind of stuck with me... She said "Well I thought you were happy I was gone", this being said when asking if she still plans to return to Tx or not. As much as this is true, it's not!

Don't get me wrong, I really like having my house back to "normal"; Not having to raise "2" children is a big relief, not having to explain my reasoning's re: Sophie and MY discipline, or having to scramble through piles on the counter's to find something, or stress bc something wasn't done right, or bed time's being missed, or... All these things add up and then boil over!

When she was hear, it didn't seem so nice... we were always bickering back and forth regarding one thing or another. Mom too -Not just me. I would get the ol' "Alright Donnie!" as to point out that she wasn't happy with me (Donnie being the boyfriend), or waving her finger around when the light turned green (even though it only just a split second ago turned green, like I was holding up the line or something), or giving me the "Alright, what ever you say..." to imply she was no longer listening to what I was saying (even though I had a perfectly good point), or breaking my perfectly good dog-house.! See, not only me!!

Still, I miss her. I miss having someone to talk with at the end of the day, to go over my thoughts with and to gain a second opinion -even if I don't take it, I miss someone older then age 2 to yell at, I miss having her presence around, I miss having a built-in babysitter (for the most part at least), but most of all -I just miss her! After all, she is my Momma! What what girl do you know doesn't love to have her Momma around??

I do hope, though, that if she does decide to move back to Tx that it will be a much better experience for the both of us. I guess a person gets accustomed to their way of living and it's hard to make adjustments!! Gosh, what will I be like when I get married? Yikes!

Plus, we'd have to move into a bigger place -- I mean really, it was just toooooooo close for comfort! Especially since Lydia and Jon will be moving! The house just isn't worth the trouble without great neighbors! :(

Afternoon all!

No comments:

Post a Comment