Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Amish Friendship Bread

Turns out, I really don't care for it! I received my "Starter" from Lydia about 2wks ago and have been diligently working it until finally it was time to bake! I thought, at first, this smells really, really, really bad; there's no way this can taste any good! But after adding a ton of ingredients, it started to smell better, I even added raisins and a few pecans to mine. MmmMmm.

Well after the baking took place, my house smelled sooooooo-ooooooo yummy I couldn't wait to have some! But since it needed to cool a little I ended up waiting until the next day.... Mine made 2 loafs, so I brought one loaf to my boss' house while I was over there helping his Mom out with a dishwasher issue...

We had just a small piece after lunch and I thought "I just need more butter on top". Well I had some more this morning for breakfast, with extra butter, and I still didn't care for it!! Something about the flavor, like it needed more sweetness or something. I bet I did something wrong; I'm not a baker!! This just proves my point... No Sugar Cookies as Christmas Gifts this year. What about Popcorn? I'm pretty good with that.

Good luck to all who bake!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, well I'm glad I get to be the recipient of the leftover bread! I'm sure it tastes great, and if you tried sugar cookies, they'd be great, too. But maybe popcorn is a good idea, too. :) How about popcorn balls??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just an update... Lydia did take my bread, but also thought mine was a little different then her last one... See! I told you so!! :)

    ReplyDelete