Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The ever surprising, God!

Isn't it wonderful when all of a sudden it hits you... How awesomely gracious God is to you -even if it is only the little things you notice at first.

Like the other day for instance... I had a few errands to run during lunch and then needed to head to court for my boss. So the afternoon starts off with my visit to the Chiropractor, then stopped for some lunch where I picked up one of those Egg Nog flavored milk shakes and then headed towards court. Everything was fine; nothing out of the ordinary there, until I arrived at court. I was beyond thirsty bc, as good as the Egg Nog flavored Milk Shake was, I desperately needed something else to drink.

I had very, very limited change -yes even after digging through my purse, pockets and car I still only ended up with $.90 cents and let's face it, how many soda machines do you know of where it is less than a $1.00 for a drink??? Anyway, I decided I would walk over, you know, just to see and Voilá! only $.85 cents for a drink!! I know! I was excited too. It hit me when I got into the car... God is so gracious!!

Want another one...?

The following day I, yet again, had to go back to court for my boss but needed some change as the court does not make change for you! So I decided upon a Diamond Shamrock nearby and popped in for a soda. I go up to the counter and the guy there said "Is that all?", "Yep" I replied to which he said "Well then, have a good day!" I mean, how great is that... A free soda!!

Still, I needed some change. He was so nice, I hated asking especially since he just offered me a free drink but I did and even explained that I didn't mind paying for my drink if I could get some change but he still didn't charge me!!

Just further proves God is watching over us and providing for us each day! It also makes me feel good inside to know that even on the littlest of issues, He's still there! Maybe we don't always get the things "we" want, but we do get "things" and taking the time to recognize them is important, I think.

Hope your day is filled with little "things" too.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great reminder! It's awesome how God cares for the little things in our lives just as much as he cares for the big.

    ReplyDelete