Monday, October 27, 2008

An Ode to my sister...

Sometimes, in life you run into an extraordinary person...One who changes you. And sometimes if you are lucky, they change you in more ways than one. I am one of the lucky ones -I have my "extraordinary person" on speed dial, my sister!!

My sister put it best when she said "When you sit on the floor and see the back side of someone’s cross stitch - it looks such a mess. This is our lives. But, when you turn it over - you can see the beautiful plan and design, you now can understand all the colors..."

My sister has woven many wonderful colors into my life. Our childhood wasn’t perfect (eh, whose is?) but there are many parts of it I wouldn’t trade for anything in the world! And the shared happy memories with her are one of those parts. She’s my sister, my friend, my hero, my inspiration.

My ode is to you, Julie, and everything you are and stand for. I thank you for your kindness, your care, your concern, and especially for your love. You are everything anyone could ask for in a sister. Thanks for being mine!

Note: I have many extraordinary people in my life and maybe one day I will write an Ode to them as well, but today is a dedication to my sister... :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Julie! She is a great sister, and I'm glad I can call her a friend!

    ReplyDelete