Monday, October 27, 2008

Anyone need a POP!

Have you ever had problems with your bones? My suggestion... don't go see a chiropractor! No, just kidding. I've been seeing one for about a week now and have already noticed some improvements!!

At first when my wrist starting hurting (about a year ago) I sot help from my medical doctor - who after doing some sort of pushing and pulling exam, decided it was the start of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. She prescribed some anti-inflammatory medicine and told me to wear a wrist guard. Well after a few weeks, the pain was still there and instead of taking an x-ray to further see what was wrong, she then decided is was a pulled muscle from holding my daughter too much!! Either way, after a few more weeks of working with her I decided to stop everything all together. My wrist never got better; I only started protecting it -which I've since learned was not a good thing.

The pain was mild for a while but eventually grew into a burning sensation and hurt all the time. Now I have no medical insurance (I know!) so Mom suggested I seek help from a chiropractor... He x-ray'd, took measurements, we chatted -an overall exam really and came back with -I have a few bones out of join in my wrist/hand area (There are about 7 bones in that area and I have 3 out). He hopes to have it fixed within 6 visits, + some awful medicine!

By the way -just because your doctor said you should take this medicine, doesn't mean you should. And just because he said those "Symptom’s" weren't from the medicine, doesn't mean they aren't! I was taking "Optimal Acute" to help aid in the recovery of my wrist but was having horrible side effects, so I looked it up online and found I might be allergic to a derivative of Pineapple! Anyway, he said I was the only patient, out of about 70 who he's prescribed this to, that has had any complaints! Go figure. Anyways, we've now changed to something else (Optimal Chronic) and I haven't had any of the side effects since! Yea!

So far I've seen him 3 times and I've already noticed some improvement. No, it's not completely better and yes, it still hurts -but nothing like it was! I hope within the next few visits to notice some great improvements!

Seems like no matter how many times you visit a Chiropractor, your are never done!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the chiropractor has worked for you! I'm guessing a visit to the chiropractor would probably be a good thing for everyone...if only they took insurance!

    ReplyDelete