Monday, August 8, 2011

My adventures in dating... Part 4

So things have been going great!  Mr. D and I decided (tho I thought it was already decided) that we would take things slow and wait to see how thing progress on their own, naturally.  This is good news for me -but I think I'm past just wanting to be friends!

Anyway, Mr. D had last Friday night off (his kids were suppose to come for a visit but didn't) so he had the day free to do nothing -- He ended up going fishing and grilling out.  Since he's been working 12 hr shifts for the last couple of weeks with no days off, this was such a wonderful afternoon for him!  So that evening he calls me at around 11pm and we chat the entire night!  Around 5:30am his battery went dead and he had to move back to the bedroom area where the charger was (no signal back there) so we kept the conversation going until roughly 10 am by text!  We talked about everything, mostly about nothing special.  It was sooo nice.

Towards the 5:30 am mark he says to me "I think we need to talk." O'crap what now I think.  This is when the bad news happens, right?  Man, and I really liked him too! So I say "ok, what about." He goes on to tell me "I really like you" and I say, "Yea, me too" He says "no, I really like you"  Wow! sent me over the moon! So we go on to chat a little more about this and he says to me "I don't want to hurt anyone or make another wrong decision."  We go on and talk a little more about this and really what it comes down to is this....

Mr. D and I have met for all of 8 hours (if that) -all rolled into one weekend .  That doesn't offer a lot of time to see how compatible we actually are together.  O' sure, we talk all the time, we know we agree on the big issues, and even most of the small issues.  We know we definitely have chemistry but do we get along regarding the normal every day things like -dating? How does he react to someone cutting him off in traffic or having to wait for a table -- normal things!  It's almost like Internet Dating, he and I and just because you are great via phone -doesn't mean you will be in person, right?!?!

But there is good news... His job is ending this week so with this in mind I say "since your job is ending sooner then originally thought, why not come for a visit, maybe stay a day or two (at a hotel!) and we'll see how things go."  To which he AGREES!  He should be here towards the end of the week.  I'm so excited!

An actual date, like with  dinner, possibly a movie -it's too hot to hang out at the park and he doesn't drink coffee!  What kind of person doesn't drink coffee!?!?!  If you have any other "out of the house" suggestions for a date, please leave a message!!

Till next time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you'll have the chance to meet up and interact. Nonverbal cues are hard to discern on the phone, text, email, etc and that's how we do the majority of our communication sometimes. Hope you have a fun evening out. I miss sharing the scoop on my dates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Downtown FW is always fun because you can wander around and go to Barnes and Noble or go get a jamba juice or something after dinner. Joe T Garcia is nice because you can just hang on the patio for forever if you want. A museum is always fun too!

    ReplyDelete