Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My adventures in dating... Part 1

I've recently started talking with this guy -a really great guy.  We'll call him Mr. D -for delicious!  Mr. D and I have been talking since the beginning of July, or thereabouts, and things have really progressed well.  We chat on Facebook, text or by phone every day. Our conversations have moved from "how is your day" to "how is your day" and we seem to be quite compatible on a number of important issues like family, marriage, children, etc...  

As things go, we agreed that it was time to meet in person ( we have seen pictures via facebook). After all, we clearly had chemistry by text/phone, it was time to find out if there was something more there as well. (You realize this is huge for me -esp since it's been roughly six, yes I said SIX yrs since my last date!!  I was reelin!)

SIDE NOTE:  The thing about Mr. D. is that he works out of town (alot).  He is currently working nights, which means he's awake when I'm sleeping.  Either way, I had some free time this past weekend with Sophie away visiting Aunt Julie's house (no school/daycare next couple of weeks, needed a sitter) so we decided I would come down for a visit.  Yes, I stayed in a hotel room -of my own.  Get your' mind out of the gutter.

Mr. D is currently working in Baton Rough, LA -an Eight hour drive from here to there.  I left really early Friday to arrive a few hours before he had to go to work that night.  He stopped by the room for an hour or so before and we hit it off right away!  We both agreed that there was defiantly chemistry and that the conversations flowed nicely between us. (I really like this guy!!)

Anyway, we visited each day over the weekend. He'd go to work and then come over to the hotel room in the morning and we'd spend the morning hours chatting, holding hands, even a little kissing.  He'd eventually need to take a nap before heading back to work for the night...  So sweet to miss all that rest for me!!  Did I mention that I really like this guy?  He'd get to work and we'd text all night long and in the morning still have plenty of conversation left. 
MORE TO COME...

No comments:

Post a Comment