Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas shopping.

This year I was really hoping not to spend to much $$ as I had been collecting items all year long for this very moment! Yet, I find myself searching for "just one more thing"... As though saying that what I originally thought was a nice gift for someone has somehow turned into a "That's just not enough" gift. I realized the other day, this happens quite often with me! I don't have enough humbleness in my judgement, I always second guess my works when really I shouldn't. I fall back into the old mentality that if I don't give enough, or the right items, then somehow my friendships won't last or will prove to be worthless (or something along those lines I suppose).

My neighbor, Lydia, however, makes"homemade" gifts (on occasions) -they don't cost a lot and yet they turn out so nice and are very thoughtful -and useful!! I wish I had more of that ability and forsight. I suppose this is something that I will continue to work towards and with God's help, will someday be accomplished! :)

3 comments:

  1. I struggle with that too. Sometimes if I find it on sale, I think, well it didn't cost enough for my limit, so I will just get this other little thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No homemade gifts this year! And I've found myself doing the same thing...second-guessing what I'd originally bought. I've had the hardest time with Ian's gift, surprisingly! He's not even one yet, but it seems important to get the "right" gift, being the doting aunt and all. I've decided to stick with the gift I got him, since I'm out of time and out of money, and hopefully I'll make it up to him on his birthday or some other time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand. Tim's side of the family we had to modify a couple of times. But when the mula runs out, the mula runs out...so if being undecided doesn't limit us, that certain will. When you get a chance, can you email me your mailing addy at dolchbug@juno.com. I know you're right next to Lydia, but I don't know your house number. Muah!

    ReplyDelete