Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Turns out, she was the weakest link

As most of you know, my mom moved down here about 3 months ago. She was living in Wisconsin (Home for us) with her boyfriend and things weren't moving along as she had hoped, so she decided it was time for a change -which is something my mom is good at doing! She's been at my house since and hasn't really been looking for a job -I suppose in hopes that this drastic move would have been the push her bf needed, kind of like a slap in the face in a really scary movie like you see.

I should stop here and clarify -when I say 'move forward' I don't mean to marriage, I mean move forward in getting a truck driving job together. I don't fully understand the whole story just that they never planed to get married, only to peruse a life together. Mom has always, from what my sister tells me at least, wanted to be a truck driver. Her bf is currently a TD and they had a plan to drive over the road as a team. So she took a course and has had her license for quite some time now. Meanwhile, he was supposed to be looking for a job for them together... Needless to say, that didn't happen and here she is!

Something happened about 2 weeks ago and she started looking for a job. Today she had a 4 day job interview with SWFT. I know, 4 days! Today was day 1 and they were supposed to be going over the basics. She was soooo nervous about the driving portion of the test because she hasn’t had a chance really to put her new found knowledge to use yet and I would imagine it’s not like riding a bike -you do forget! Anyway, she passed the driving portion just fine but failed to be able to push 100 lbs and since she couldn't push 100 lbs, they’ve sent her home. Turns out, she was the weakest link! Like I told her, at least now we know what needs to be worked on… Instead of pulling Sophie around in the laundry basket at night, she needs to be pushing her! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! Can she work out and apply again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Teresa: yes, she can -I just don't think she wants too. :)

    ReplyDelete