Thursday, October 16, 2008

Decision 2008!

My mom has made a decision! I know, it's exciting!! She's decided to move back to Wisconsin -temporarily that is.

My family has a dairy farm back home and my Uncle Mike wants to get out of the business. He has decided to try Truck Driving and will be attending school in Nov-Dec. and has asked mom if she would come back to help around the farm while he is gone, paying her of course. My only problem with this is this is where Donnie (the boyfriend) happens to also be. He seems like a nice guy; very caring, very helpful (at times) and is willing to put up with my mom... But, as mom has pointed out before, too many times he’s said he would do something and not follow through, he’s a bit of a hoarder when it comes to reading material –which drives mom crazy and the fight –a lot. And while it may feel good to return to someplace you are comfortable with, it may not always be the best place for you and I only hope she realizes this before it’s too late.

So the important thing to remember here is… She is all grown up and is capable of making grown up decisions –on her own. I am not her mother, though it may feel like it at times. She is capable of doing this! :)

1 comment:

  1. Well, I wish her the best! I'm sad she's going back, but it sounds fun to work on a dairy farm! (Is that me being naive??) So...road trip to Wisconsin!! After Caleb's born we'll have to all go up there so he can see cows and ride a tractor with Sophie.

    ReplyDelete