Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Boo! at the Zoo

10.28.08
We went to Boo! at the Zoo last night. I was a little worried that Sophie wouldn't have a good time. I mean, when we go to the grocery store and pass through the Halloween section, it scares the bagibies out of her and the tickets for Boo! at the Zoo are not cheap ($12 for anyone over age 2 and $4 for 2 and under). But we had such a great time! (check back for pictures)

We met with Aunt Pattie at Chili's, had some dinner and then headed over to the Zoo at about 5:45pm. OMG! The car line (to get into the parking lot) was sooooo long but once we got in, the line for tickets was almost non-existent. :) We brought along Sophie's waggon -which I wouldn't do again. It was too big with so many little one's around -it just got in the way more then not.

The coolest thing, I thought, were the ticket stubs (I know!). They had a perforated edge with smaller tickets stubs (6 each). You turned those in to get a small handful of candy and each candy stop had different types of candy! Towards the end of our trip a lady and her child were on their way out and handed us some additional candy stubs, which I gladly accepted. We used 2 of the 6 and then handed off the other 3 to another family. We ended up with 2 full bags of candy!

The animals weren't out much after dark but the Zoo made up for it with all the other activities they had for the kids. They had this one area with a bounce house, bobbing for monsters, ghost tossing, a monster stage and all sorts of other things. I think we made it as far as the Penguins and then turned back around. We stayed about 2 hours, but we were all tired upon leaving!

All-in-all, I think we all had a great time and I certainly wouldn't mind returning next year.

PS: Don't forget to dress the kiddo's up! I didn't dress Sophie up b/c I thought it was suppose to be cold but 90% of the other kids were and they were SOOOO cute. Next year!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I can't wait to see pictures! It sounds fun. I remember bobbing for apples (sort of like monsters). *sigh...* I love fall....

    ReplyDelete