Thursday, April 14, 2011

All about Sophie.

Sophie will be turning 5 -next month!! Time sure does fly. It sounds so unreal when I say those words. She's a growing girl, that's for sure. Since we've moved back to the Fort Worth area, she has changed quite a bit. I suppose I have to tho.

When we were still in Madiosnville, I noticed Sophie was entering into that tantrum state; She would start one at the store, in the front yard, in the kitchen... Oh, how I hate those. For the most part I would walk away and leave her there, or get really mad and yell. Ganny and I never saw eye-to-eye on this. Either way, we are now in Fort Worth and I haven't seen one of those since our move! I'm soooo thankful!

I've also noticed that her and I do everything together. I didn't realize this until last night. But she has turned into my best friend -over night it seems. We paint our toes together, we do our hair, brush our teeth, sometimes we even play in the sprinklers together, we cook foods together, we clean house together, take care of the animals... the list goes on.

As much as I love this, I'm also a little worried, mostly for Sophie. Looking back, I can't pin point the time my mother stopped being my "mother" and became my "friend". Growing up I loved that my mother was so cool, so understanding and didn't seem to judge even when she should have. Looking back back, however, it wasn't so great. I think my life would have been a great deal different had I had a "mother" and not a "friend", so in turn I worry about Sophie.

Right now it's not a big deal, but if one keeps driving down this road, will I be able to let go, will she? Will I be able to tell her No when push comes to shove? I suppose its only natural to worry. But for now, I bring my most favorite picture of Sophie....

Can't you just hear her now... Mom, get out of here! This is my time in the potty room! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment