Friday, October 31, 2008

Cookies

This year, for Christmas (I know it's a little early), I was thinking of baking some cookies to go along with my gifts for daycare and my SSC (cute, thoughtful but yet inexpensive)... You know those big, thick decorated cookies you get at Starbucks for $5 each...? I would like to make those. I think they are sugar cookies but am not sure. I also have no clue how to get them so thick or how to get the icing hard so it won't rub off on the wrapping! Any suggestions for all the above???

I'm NOT a baker by any means so I need a little help... What are your thoughts or suggestions? Should I just stick to the Pillsbury cookies? Is it even worth the trouble of baking? I would have to do a trail bake beforehand -just to see if it's even something I could do -- ugg.

Oh, the troubles I face! :) Any suggestions would be welcomed.

1 comment:

  1. You could totally do this! They are sugar cookies, and you probably won't get them to be as big/fluffy as Starbucks, but they'd still be good. For the icing...I'm not sure, but there's a certain recipe for cookie icing that is firmer than normal icing. For a topping, use a stencil and sprinkles or powdered sugar like this, with or without the layer of icing first. That would be easier than piping out a Christmas tree, and really pretty!

    ReplyDelete